Tuesday 8 April 2008

Love, when alteration finds.

I love bookstores. There used to be more independent bookstores when I was growing up as a pampered reader. I needed no persuading that a trip to the fabulous Loganberry Books (to see the altered book show in the gallery) would be a perfectly splendid thing to do on a sunny spring Monday afternoon, and JanC would be the perfect person to do it with. I talked Jan into including me in her east side safari. She shooed me out of the bookstore before I either drooled in public over a table of Edward Gorey books/cool merchandise or let my pen write a check I ought not.
We had a nosh at Shaker Square, where in nostalgia for the burgers of the 1970's vintage Fairmount Circle Our Gang, we were delighted to find something VERY like what used to be their "Dave's" burger on the menu. The excellence of the burger and potato fries cut in waffle discs balanced out the iced tea that was about the shade of Canada Dry Ginger Ale. If there was any caffeine content, it was totally indiscernible. The day,the company, the book gawking, and a great burger, all getting spring off to a great start!

No comments: